Pigeon Auctions and Pigeon Racing
All about Racing Pigeon Auctions
Pigeon racing is a sport of releasing pigeons that are specially bred, trained and conditioned for the races that generally vary from 100-1000 km. The winner is the bird that travels with the highest velocity.
Where to find racing pigeons?
The best place to find the racing pigeons are the pigeon auctions. In an auction, you can find a variety of pigeons for sale. There are a number of pigeon auction sites over the internet. There are different types of Auctions. They are:
• Complete sell out: In the type of pigeon auction, the loft sells all the birds, clocks and pigeon supplies.
• Loft reduction auction: this involves reduction of the number of birds in a loft. However, it will still take part in pigeons racing.
• Special auction: special birds are put to sale in this type of pigeon auction.
• Donation Auction: the special pigeon is donated to a charity or fund-raiser.
• participating in any of the above pigeon auction one should do his homework well. If you cannot afford to buy a trained racing pigeon, you can purchase the pigeons you love and train them.
• Before participating in online pigeon auctions make sure that the auction company has a good reputation regarding to the quality of pigeon supplies, qualities of pigeon racing lofts and the type of conditions and race courses the seller fly.
• If you are attending the racing pigeon auction in person, then make sure to arrive at the place well before the auction time. This will give time to look over the birds and their pedigrees. As a result, you will be able to make a right decision at the time pigeon auction on which bird to buy.
• If you do not have enough expertise in studying the racing pigeon loft take the help of experienced pigeon breeders. Assess the pigeons on the basis of the performance but not the appearance of wings, throat, back and muscles.
• Sometimes it may not be possible for the fancier to attend the auction. In such cases certain actions allow to place proxy bids or mail in bids well in advance. They even allow the fancier to place maximum bid on a bird.
Regardless if you decide to find pigeons at auctions or you choose to breed your own birds, the sport of pigeon racing is one of the most enjoyable activities one could experience! Most fanciers have been breeding and raising birds their whole life and really just enjoy the process of raising and training their birds.
I have been making a full time income reviewing products online. I take great pride in educating my readers with accurate information while also providing honest unbiased reviews. I hope I provided you with top notch information that you can share with other people who share our same interests!
Pigeon racing has been an interest of mine for several years. I find the process fascinating from breeding to training to racing pigeons. If you would like to learn more about the sport of pigeon racing then please visit my sites that are completely dedicated to pigeon auctions and pigeon racing.